Exporting sites out of Aegir
Extracting a Drupal site from Aegir
You may occasionally want to take a Drupal site hosted on a server managed with Aegir and put it somewhere else. This is pretty easy, but not quite as simple as moving a normal Drupal site not managed by Aegir from one machine to another. In brief, you have to copy the site, delete the
drushrc.php file, and replace
settings.php with a copy of the default configuration file. More specifically:
- Make a backup of your site in Aegir.
- Download the same copy of drupal core to the new server (and re-apply core patches, if any).
sites/all/to the new server.
- Copy the Aegir backup of your site to the new server and unzip in
- Create a database on the new server and import the database backup.
- Copy any custom site aliases in
sites/sites.phpto the new server.
- Copy any custom configuration in
settings.phpto add the database authentication details for the new server.