The Aegir team is proud to announce a new release in the stable 3.x branch!
This release ships with a number of bug fixes and UI improvements.
- Our Jenkins CI server is now archived. We're focussing on GitLabCI and Travis..
- We now have added a Bitcoin address to our donations page.
- Our Debian repository was moved to a new host, see #2817199 for more info.
- The table below is a bit mixed in colors... Some of the tests on Travis are failing on a sudo issue, help in figuring this out is very welcome.
|Hostmaster||Drupal Install Profile||drupal.org/project/hostmaster
|Dockerfiles||Docker image definitions. Used for all tests.||github.com/aegir-project/dockerfiles
|Tests||Behat tests and Travis tools||github.com/aegir-project/tests|
|Development Environment||Local docker-based development environment.||github.com/aegir-project/development|
Installing and upgrading
The canonical source of installation documentation is
It is still imperative that you read the upgrade path and version-specific information and follow all version-specific upgrade instructions before trying to run the upgrade script or manual upgrade.
If you struggle to install or upgrade your Aegir system, you have a number of options available to you for getting help.
Consult this page for more information: http://docs.aegirproject.org/en/3.x/community
Thanks to our awesome community for their help, support and encouragement as always! Enjoy the new release :)
Changes to Hostmaster since 7.x-3.10
- Update views to 3.16
Changes to Hosting since 7.x-3.10
- #2868287 by helmo: Only add automatic alias if it resolves
- #2824731 by jon-pugh, helmo: Fix regression in API only code
- #2773223 by helmo, g33kg1rl, viashimo: Aegir Upgrade Stuck After Platforms Path Is Writable
- #2881425 by jon-pugh: Merge branch '2881425-platform-props-in-sites' into 7.x-3.x
- #2865174 by helmo: better error message when no platform available to clone/migrate
- #2881425: Load web and database server nodes into a $node->servers array for easy access.
- #2881425: Inject platform properties into site nodes: web_server, platform_path, platform_verified, and platform_status.
- #2824731: Add example function for creating site and platform in one request.
- Merge branch '2823827-task-object-labels' into 7.x-3.x
- #2861696: Log a notice, not a warning.
- #2861696: message is not a valid log type
- #2823827: Be more specific in task titles for tasks that are the same across objects: Verify Site, Verify Platform, Verify Server.
Changes to Provision since 7.x-3.10
- #2871578 by helmo: Catch relative backup name passed to provision-delete
- #2879243 by kfolsom: Suppressing Creation of a Site 'local.settings.php' File
- #2861216: Get hostmaster release from Git.
- #2861216: move release script to scripts dir
- #2851478: Log a "notice" message when creating a symlink, not a success. This happens a lot.
- #2851478: Log a "success" message when creating a symlink.
- Merge commit 'feature/gitlab-testing' into 7.x-3.x
- Merge branch '2851478-move-symlink' into 7.x-3.x
- #2851478: Improving comments to explain to developers how to use the symlink_service() method.
- #2860834: Add GitLab CI status to README
- #2860834: First draft GitLab CI package building and testing
- #2851478: Move symlink code up two levels to Provision_Service
- #2851478: Move the symlinking of service config from the Provision_Config class to a method on the Provision_Service class.
Changes to Eldir since 7.x-3.10
Changes to hosting_civicrm since 7.x-3.10
Changes to Hosting Git since 7.x-3.10
- Check if file exists before calling drush_shell_cd_and_exec() to avoid a warning.
- #2544906 by helmo: Pickup git setting from disk
- #1915854: Support building environments from makefiles or install profile repos.
- #2838489: Support drupal being in a subdirectory of a git repo
Changes to hosting_remote_import since 7.x-3.10
- #1503712 by valery-gouleau: Added support for custom usernames.
- #2826739 by helmo: Updated method signatures to match class hierarchy.
- #2865478 by helmo: Promote 'Remote import' from experimental to Advanced
Changes to Hosting Site Backup Manager since 7.x-3.10
Changes to Aegir Hosting Tasks Extra since 7.x-3.10
- #2879209 by kfolsom: Bootstrap Level of 'provision-update' Command Changed to DRUSH_BOOTSTRAP_DRUPAL_FULL
- #2861220 by bgm, helmo: Improve update hook style
- #2861220 by bgm: 7300 add the whitelist field: null value not allowed
- When upgrading from Aegir 2.x be aware of these notes.
- If you have Aegir Site Audit enabled, you'll have to disable it before the upgrade. You can re-enable it afterwards. See Aegir upgrade from 3.10 to 3.11 fails with redeclaration of probes_site_audit_drush_command() for details.
For a full list of issues, see our combined issue queues