The Aegir team is proud to announce a new release in the stable 3.x branch!
This release ships with a number of bug fixes and UI improvements.
- We're now shipping the new hosting_https module as replacement for the previous SSL implementation which is now marked as LEGACY. See it's README for upgrade steps.
- The Debian package now recommends installing composer.
- During a platform verify task we now call composer install. Additional composer related features are being worked on in the hosting_composer module.
|Hostmaster||Drupal Install Profile||drupal.org/project/hostmaster
|Dockerfiles||Docker image definitions. Used for all tests.||github.com/aegir-project/dockerfiles
|Tests||Behat tests and Travis tools||github.com/aegir-project/tests|
|Development Environment||Local docker-based development environment.||github.com/aegir-project/development|
Installing and upgrading
The canonical source of installation documentation is
It is still imperative that you read the upgrade path and version-specific information and follow all version-specific upgrade instructions before trying to run the upgrade script or manual upgrade.
If you struggle to install or upgrade your Aegir system, you have a number of options available to you for getting help.
Consult this page for more information: http://docs.aegirproject.org/en/3.x/community
Thanks to our awesome community for their help, support and encouragement as always! Enjoy the new release :)
Changes to hostmaster since 7.x-3.130
Changes to provision since 7.x-3.130
- #2938032 by steven-jones: Provision incorrectly scans profiles for packages
- #2938028 by steven-jones: Schema version can be very wrong for Drupal 8 sites
- Ask systemd for patiance, wait a bit longer when restarting the queued
- #2911861 by helmo, jon-pugh: Hosting Features submit should trigger drush cache clear after verify
- #2941029: Add platform-wide settings.php includes
- #2940702 by jon-pugh: Unable to override Drupal 8 in local.settings.php: Change
include. Since Drupal 8 uses
require_once, it's possible settings.php will be included twice. Provision should include custom settings every time.
- #2935180 by helmo, colan: Ship Aegir HTTPS with Aegir
- #2937147: Add Composer support directly to Provision.
- Adding some documentation on provision composer support.
- #2926905 by memtkmcc, bgm: CiviCRM on nginx with multi-lingual: disable caching
- #2888283 by ac: Not updating ownership of private/config
Changes to hosting since 7.x-3.130
- #2941472 by tucho: _hosting_site_url fails to detect HTTPS sites using hosting_https
- #2666158: Allow --force option on Delete tasks.
- Make sure to select the enabled platform with publish_path. It's possible to have an old platform in there.
- #2751801 by helmo: Mark as LEGACY for now
- Show the list of log types space separated
- #2936013: Add "Edit Platform" tab to Site node page
- Revert adding of the element_type variable. If there is no prefix we are good.
- #2935835: Editing a platform is broken when publish path is not in /var/aegir/platforms
- Check site node for missing db_server, not platform node!
- #2930539: hook_hosting_task_update_status gets invalid parameter
- #2912492: Add "command" property to hook_hosting_tasks() to allow setting arbitrary drush commands, not just provision-* commands.
- #2852966: If using hosting_queued module, release the lock on hosting_queue_tasks_running.
Changes to eldir since 7.x-3.130
Changes to hosting_civicrm since 7.x-3.130
Changes to hosting_git since 7.x-3.130
- #2893588: Now that issue is fixed, putting back the repo delete function https://www.drupal.org/node/2893588
- #2915001: Cleanup git meta data when nolonger detecting a repo
Changes to hosting_remote_import since 7.x-3.130
Changes to hosting_site_backup_manager since 7.x-3.130
Changes to hosting_tasks_extra since 7.x-3.130
Changes to hosting_logs since 7.x-3.130
Changes to hosting_https since 7.x-3.130
- First stable release.
- When the MYSQL password policy was set to MEDIUM creating databases can fail, see issue 2868803 for more info.
- 3.14.1 was released to account for an upgrade issue on a missing task_command property, see issue 2942500.
- 3.14.2 was released to account for a new download location of Drush, see issue 2942743.
- 3.14.3 was released to account for SA-CONTRIB-2018-013 .
- 3.14.4 was released to include Drupal 7.57
- When upgrading from Aegir 2.x be aware of these notes.
For a full list of issues, see our combined issue queues